GTA Cache is loaded with a lot of guides including how to start a heist in GTA 5 Online. A heist in GTA 5 Online is a game mode. In this mode, players need to put their efforts together to complete a Herculean task with a series of missions to be executed. A greater level of coordination, skill, teamwork, and communication is needed for the missions to be executed to result in overall success. There is a reward for successful completion.
The setup mission requires proper planning, though it may be easy to do, the grand finale mission is much more difficult and can be lost if good teamwork does not go into it. This article will explore how to start a heist in GTA 5 Online, but you can also check out our Diamond Casino Heist guide.
Getting Started in the World of Heists
It is simple to know how to start a heist in GTA 5 Online. This section will guide you through it. Before you begin your journey into the world of the heist, you must know certain things.
- You must be at Rank 12 and above before thinking of starting a heist.
- In addition to being at Rank 12 and above, you must equally, have a very good and well-furnished apartment.
- There is a time duration allotted to each heist. And this is approximately 15 minutes.
- The heist is categorized into three tasking levels. The levels are different in difficulty. There is a reward for each tasking level. And the reward for each level is different from one another.
- You need to either request or accept a heist in GTA 5 online. Once this is done, you automatically become the leader of the heist.
- The leader of the heist is saddled with some responsibilities or what we may call privileges. One of which is the invitation of other players and bear any cost associated with that.
- After the successful completion of each setup mission, all the invited players will be back in the Free mode.
Joining A Heist
If you could not be invited to join a heist, you might also join one using another avenue. It still bothers down to knowing how to start a heist in GTA 5 Online. You can also join a heist through a crew member. To do this:
- Quickly navigate to the “Quick Job” menu on the platform.
- Press “Play Heist”. This will automatically launch you into the action.
- The necessary requirement of being at Rank 12 and above; and also having a high-end apartment must be met.
- Then, you will be set up with the first heist.
- After the first heist is completed, the next phase will be set up for you.
In the quest to know how to start a heist in GTA 5 Online, it has been discovered that there are two major missions in all the game modes. These will be highlighted as below:
The setup mission:
This mission may not need too much planning, but the players are expected to earn as they successfully complete each mission in this category. It should be stressed here that the heist leader will not earn any money for a successful mission here. All the players will be placed back into the free mode the moment the missions are successfully fulfilled while the heist leader will seek for another heist.
The grand finale mission:
This mission requires the skill, cooperation, teamwork, and very good coordination of all the team members for successful completion.
Proper Heist Planning
Learning how to start a heist in GTA 5 Online has placed the proper planning of your heist on the premium. You must know that apart from the Rank 12 thing, you must have some notable amount of money to run the heist operations. Money is needed to buy the tools and some other stuff. Proper planning is needed if there must be a success.
The leader of the heist is expected to dot all I’s and cross all t’s before going into a heist. The leader has the privilege to select who does what in the team. It is also important to get set before the heist commences by getting your headset on the ground for very effective and efficient communication and coordination as when combined with skill will yield positive results.
General Info for Newbies
The general info for the newbies and the experienced on how to start a heist in GTA 5 Online will help you greatly.
- Buy a vest: before setting off for your setup missions as a leader of the heist, you need to get your combat vest for survival.
- Be quick to refill your supplies: you can refill your supplies from the “Interaction” menu even if you are in an active heist. You can quickly do this while in cover, driving or running as the case may be.
- Know your world: as you play, make sure that you know the map very well to determine the best route that will give you your desired result instead of following the system route.
- Proper coordination is very germane as any default in one person may cost the team dearly.
- Before the heist commences, kindly set yourself to passive to avoid a situation of betrayal from any of your team members.
- Hide from a law enforcement agent by the use of a mask.
- Create a crew with your friends for better team play.
Elite Heist Challenges
Getting tips on how to start a heist in GTA 5 Online requires you to be conversant with the elite challenges which demand that the players either perform a certain task in the course of a mission or successfully complete the heist grand finale in a very limited duration of time. If the Elite challenges are successfully completed in one mission within the stipulated time frame, a handsome reward is associated with this.